Sunday 1 May 2011

Thor - Review.

I was told about the release of Thor by my Dad. My Dad is a huge superhero/comic fan and has bought me up making me watch superhero films with him. A few months before Thor was set to be released, i was showed a trailer. At first I didnt have any intrest in it, I thought it looked boring and lacked what a superhero film needed. It grew on me within time. The film was directed by Kenneth Branagh, a famous shakespearean actor, so it made me think whether or not he could direct a cult superhero film.





The film revolves around the comic book character Thor. Thor is the god of thunder, lightning, storms, strength, destruction and the protection of mankind. Thor disobey his fathers orders and is stripped of his god powers and is exiled in Earth. He is found by Jane, a scientist doing research in New Mexico. Loki, Thor's brother is later releaved as the films antagonist.

I thought the beginning sequence was too long, but it also helped you understand the characters of Thor and Loki more. I've seen Natalie Portman in plenty of other films and thought she was a great actress, but her role as Jane seemed pointless and she came across "annoying". Chris Hemsworth bought a laughable side to Thor and was the perfect choice for the role. Tom Hiddleston was the best out of the main three characters, he played the role excellently, as you didn't except half of the stuff Loki did/planned to do.

The film was released so the that the character of Thor could be introduced before the release of The Avengers which is due for release May 4, 2012 (2012-05-04).

Film rating: ****
film r

No comments:

Post a Comment